The American Consumer Council (ACC) is pleased to offer several workshops, and video series, in the areas of financial literacy and financial planning through our credit union partners. To view the list of workshop descriptions, click on the links below.
- Steps to Hiring Reliable Child Care
- Money Challenges When Starting Your Family
- Buying Your Next Car
- How to Create & Build Your Credit History
- Marriage Money
- Caring for Aging Parents
- Identity Theft: Protecting Yourself!
- Important Tips When Getting Divorced
- Paying for the Cost of College
- Paying Off Debt While Building Wealth
- Home-Buying Mistakes to Avoid
- Goals to Reach by Age 30
- Money Mistakes Everyone Makes
- Financial Programs & Educational Workshops
- Consumer Advocacy & Awareness
The American Consumer Council is pleased to recommend the following websites to help our members make sound financial decisions when it comes to saving money and spending your hard-earned dollars. Please take advantage of these non-profit organizations and websites to help you make better financial decisions and plan for the future:
- http://www.mymoney.gov/ http://www.myretirementpaycheck.org/
The American Consumer Council is pleased to recommend the National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE) as a reliable source for financial education. We invite you to use NEFE’s self-help tools brochure, which is displayed below, to help you in these key areas: Financial Education, Retirement Planning, High School, College, Overspending, How to Be Smart About Money, and Being on Your Own.